California Music Teachers,
CMEA has successfully designed and implemented a state-of-the-art mentorship program that is available to all CMEA music educators at no cost to the member. Since 2015, all interested music teachers have had access to exemplary coaching and guidance by highly qualified CMEA mentor teachers. Our expert mentors continue to this day sharing their knowledge, wisdom, and expertise that leads to heightened teacher effectiveness and empowered teachers in music classrooms all across the state. CMEA is currently accepting applications for both prospective mentors and mentees through January 31st.
Do you want to excel in your profession by teaming up with an experienced veteran music teacher who has a proven record? Are you a first or second year teacher looking for some powerful and effective tools of the trade? Do you want to load up your “bag of tricks” and develop some new skills? Then this is your opportunity to get involved! Click here to get started: mentee application.
Do you consider yourself a mentor? Ask yourself these questions: Do you have several years of experience under your belt? Do you wish to share your successes with the next generation? Have you ever been greatly influenced by an expert music teacher and now you feel it’s time to “give back” to the profession? Are you confident in your teaching, coaching, and mentoring skills? If so, then why not consider applying for a mentor position with CMEA. Our qualifying selection committee is standing by to choose our next top mentors and it might just be you! Click here to apply: mentor application.
This program is made possible by CMEA, and I would like to acknowledge our nine section committee members for their role in facilitating the mentor program:
- -Bay Section: Rita Zigas, Walnut Creek Intermediate School
- -Capitol Section: Susan Metz, Sacramento State University
- -Central Section: Michael Hipp, Washington Union High School
- -Central Coast Section: Willow Manspeaker, CMEA Central Coast Section President
- -Northern Section: Todd Filpula, CMEA Northern Section President
- -North Coast Section: Judi Sharnberg, CMEA North Coast Section President
- -Southeastern Section: Phil Mortensen, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- -Southern Border Section: Jack Erb, Poway Unified School District
- -Southwestern Section: Matthew Cotton, Locke High School
I hope you take advantage of this CMEA opportunity that will no doubt catapult the music education profession to a whole new level!
Mentorship Program Chair
Applications must be downloaded to enable the "type and save" feature.