Musician Instructor (Adaptive Dance Program)
- Providing accompaniment to support dance in class;
- Using music to support engagement and class participation;
- Supporting students’ development of rhythm and musicality;
- Making accommodations to ensure each student’s needs are met;
- Adjusting music to the needs of students and teachers;
- Communicating with other teaching artists, volunteers, and staff to ensure cohesive instruction;
- Contributing to evaluation and measurement of classes when needed; and
- Undertaking any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required in relation to the role.
- The ideal musician has a special touch in both disposition and experience. Most importantly, the musician should possess the following:
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with disabilities and diverse backgrounds;
- A great capacity for patience;
- A compassion for those with different skill sets; and
- An adaptive frame of mind.
Next, their Experience and/or Education will include the following in part or in whole:
- Experience and comfort in accompanying a ballet or dance class;
- Education in teaching music;
- Experience in managing the personality range that can come in a classroom setting; and
- Specific experience with differently abled children.
Please visit http://www.scfta.org/Get-Involved/Careers/Careers.aspx or email Community@SCFTA.org for more information.