Youth Music Monterey’s South County Strings program is looking for exceptional string instructors for its teaching sites in Soledad.
Youth Music Monterey's South County Strings program involves formal partnerships between YMM and south Monterey County school districts to provide music lessons during the school day. A team of instructors provide free violin, viola, and cello instruction for beginning and intermediate students ages 8-13.
Pay is $50/hour. Details are being finalized with school districts, but the position is expected to run 20-30 hours per week from October through late May.
YMM String Instructor Responsibilities:
- Teach mixed group lessons for violin, viola, and cello to up to 15 students/class at beginning and intermediate levels.
- Assist with recruitment, registrations, sign-ups, and arranging class times at each school site.
- Work with YMMC staff to manage instrument distribution and retrieval according to YMMC procedures; Provide simple repairs to YMM instruments, or return damaged instruments to office for repairs.
- Maintain current attendance lists, and provide weekly updates to YMMC office.
- Work collaboratively with other YMM instructors and staff to facilitate opportunities for combined and collaborative events (Chamber Players outreach concerts, Orchestras’ season finale concert)
- Work cooperatively with school site staff to incorporate student performances in school or community outreach events, students should prepare for and perform in at least 2 concerts each program year.
- Work with the other string teachers to create an overall improved string ensemble.
- Communicate any changes in schedule to the YMMC office immediately.
- Meet with YMM office and board as needed
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter describing teaching approach and philosophy, fitness for the position, and a CV/resume. Selected candidates will be scheduled for an in-person interview in Monterey during the month of September. Resume review will begin on August 31st.
No Phone calls please. Background check and fingerprinting required. Vehicle and proof of insurance necessary. E-mail cover letter, and resume, please send as one attachment (pdf preferred) to: email@example.com. References may be requested for shortlisted candidates.
For more information about YMM, visit our website at: www.youthmusicmonterey.org