Music Instructor (Full-time Tenure-Track Faculty Position)
Skyline College seeks a full-time, tenure-track faculty member in Music. The ideal candidate will share the College’s commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
- Possession of a Master’s or above in music OR Bachelor’s in music AND Master’s or above or above in humanities OR the equivalent (see below)
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff as these factors relate to the need for equity minded-practice both within and outside of the classroom
- Recent experience working with racially minoritized and other disproportionately-impacted students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups within higher education and particular fields shape patterns of participation and outcomes
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized and other disproportionately impacted students
- Experience and skill with addressing inequity in the classroom and on campus
- Experience and expertise in culturally-responsive teaching in music
- Demonstrated ability to address equity gaps within music courses and classrooms
- Demonstrated knowledge of the implications of the Hispanic-Serving Institution and AANAPI designation for institutional, departmental, and instructional practices
- Expertise in teaching and conducting music instrumental ensembles in a variety of music genres including Concert Band, Jazz Band, Symphony Orchestra, etc.
- Primary performance instrument in band or orchestra
- Experience organizing and conducting instrumental ensembles for music theater productions
- Experience with building and maintaining an instrumental music program at the college or high-school level with recruitment outreach such as collaborative concerts, touring, festival/competition participation and/or work as a clinician or adjudicator
To view the entire job announcement, please go to: https://apptrkr.com/4045715